This last weekend we went to the beach again. This is getting to be a very good habit. It was the day before 4th of July and we went on a drive looking for something to do. Mommy and Daddy were talking about hiking, going to the beach, and finding a cool place to eat dinner. It all sounded good to me, but my vote was mainly for the beach. We went all the way to Big Sur (hours of driving!), but we found a little hike down to a beach. It was just a little walk, really, but Mommy said it was enough of a hike. At the end of the hike was a set of stairs. I like stairs.
The beach itself was amazing! I was so scared I wouldn't go near the water on my own. What if the waves got me?!
The waves were huge!!!
Daddy and Mommy took me down to the water a few times and tried to show me how nice it was, but I knew better.
Then I fell into the water. I got wet all the way up to my knees! Well, as it turned out the water was very cold, but not so bad.
I agreed to go down to the water, but someone had to hold my hand...just in case.
Then I met Max. Max was a fantastic doggie who ran and played with me a lot! I patted him and he licked me. We were best buddies for as long as were together.
As a side note: I love running. Every chance I get I run as fast as I can. And I can go fast! The beach was the perfect place to run. I could run fast and far and did not get in trouble for it. Amazing!
(other good places to run include: the park, our front yard, and the sidewalk--but only if I'm holding Mommy's hand)
Daddy took me down to the water one last time just before we packed up to go. He let me touch the water with my fingers. It was so cold and the water was all bubbly. Who put bubble bath in the ocean? What a great idea!
Then we had to go. I didn't want to. I threw fits and sand all over the place, but it didn't change Daddy and Mommy's minds. They packed up our tent and we hiked back to the car.
We went to dinner at a funny place called Bubba Gumps. We had to wait more than an hour, but I got pizza and fries! I don't remember anything else, because I fell asleep on the way home. What a great day.
Brady, you are lucky your parents take you to such cool places. I went to Half Moon Bay a lot when I was your age. I remember trying to eat a tuna sandwich at the beach with lots of crunchy sand in it. Love you, Yaya
The beach is always great; the sound of waves, the cold crisp water and lots of sand to build and dig in. Wish we could be there to enjoy you enjoying it. You sure are lucky to have parents who like to take you on weekend outing. We're looking forward to seeeing you this week and you will get to see lots of aunts and uncles and neices and nephews. Love Pop
Brady, you are lucky your parents take you to such cool places. I went to Half Moon Bay a lot when I was your age. I remember trying to eat a tuna sandwich at the beach with lots of crunchy sand in it.
ReplyDeleteLove you, Yaya
The beach is always great; the sound of waves, the cold crisp water and lots of sand to build and dig in. Wish we could be there to enjoy you enjoying it. You sure are lucky to have parents who like to take you on weekend outing. We're looking forward to seeeing you this week and you will get to see lots of aunts and uncles and neices and nephews. Love Pop
ReplyDelete