Saturday, February 8, 2014

Waiting...

Okay, let's get this out of the way. 
Yes, I cut my hair. And, yes, it is very short.

 Trust me I am very well aware of it. After all, I'm the one who did it.
See, I was getting tired of watching my brothers get haircuts all the time, when I never got one at all. Ugh, I hate waiting.
And all that hair was always in my eyes.
AND it was always getting tangled, so Mommy had to wash it and comb it out--OUCH!
That hair had to go!

 When I first cut it, I got a lot of attention for it. Mostly unwelcome attention, really. 
I know I can be silly and at home I like to be a ham, but the truth is I don't like attention as much as Bradley does. He'd do anything to get people to notice him.

 I like a little attention (who doesn't?), but after a while I like everyone leave me alone. 
Like with the whole hair-cut thing.
After a few days of constant 'oohing' 'aahing' and head-rubbing, I started losing my temper.

 Well, at first I tried ignoring people, but that only works for so long. 
And people just kept asking if I liked my hair, over and over and over again. 
How do you ignore that?

 So, then I tried shouting people down. 
"Don' look at me!" or "Stop it! Go away!" or just plain "NO!"
These were effective, but Mommy didn't like it. She said I was being rude.
So, random people touching your head ISN'T rude?
She also said if I waited long enough, people would stop talking about it.

Ugh. I hate waiting.

 Of course, deep down, I'm glad everyone likes my hair. 
I like being told how pretty I am and how great my hair looks.
But all things in moderation!

 And, in the end, Mommy was right. People are calming down about it now, 
so I can relax and enjoy my awesome new Do.

Well…actually, I've been thinking. I really miss my "big hair" and I want it back. 
Mommy says I'll have to wait. 
More waiting? Sigh.
Story of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment