Daddy thought I should learn to be brave in the water, so Mommy said she would teach me to swim in the Cool at Grandma's house. She says Grandma's Cool is warmer than ours and then someone is always there to play with Tommy while I have my lesson.
Things I like about Splash Lessons: Alone time with Mommy, Monkey walking, kicking on the floating board, singing "Do as I'm doing", and eating sweets on the Cool steps.
Mommy tells me to Splash when I kick (That's why I call them Splash Lessons), and "chin a sky" when we go on our back, and "kick, kick, kick and grab the side" for face-in-the-water swimming.
Things I don't like about Splash Lessons: Kicking on my back (I yell "help! help!" the whole time), putting my face in the water ("close mouth"), being soggy ("I'm WET!"), and being cold when we get out of the water ("Towel, Mama!")I AM feeling braver in the Cool now. And I like to remind Mommy what we do next in the lesson. Even if I don't like when were doing, I like the pattern. I like doing the same things every time.
Mommy says I'll forget a lot in the winter (I've forgotten what 'winter' is), but she will teach me again next summer and maybe Tommy too, if he's big enough.
If it's not too cold, we'll do Splash Lessons today. I HOPE it's nice and warm. I like Splash Lessons!
ps. Happy Birthday, Mama!
That looks like a lot of fun! And I second that, Happy Birthday Laura!
ReplyDeleteThe "help, help" made me laugh! I have felt like that, too, Brady. I hate swimming on my back. Your mom is very smart to make it fun - that's the most important thing. Goggles and fun objects to look at on the steps and bottom of the pool made a big difference for my kids. Splash lessons sound like fun. You have a sweet mother. Happy birthday to her!
ReplyDeleteLove, Yaya
Happy Birthday Laura, we can't wait to hear about the suprise birthday party. It's a great idea to get Brady comfortable in the water and start the learning process. Love Pop
ReplyDelete