Monday, March 12, 2012

Christmas was so Busy!

I think I'd better fill you all in on our Christmas holiday. It lasted a long time and we had so much fun. I'll start at the beginning. The Tree.
Christmas trees are amazing, and so much fun to make! Brady and I got to help Daddy put it up and then we put all of our own ornaments on.

This guy, Santa Claus, is a big deal at Christmas time (though not as important as Baby Jesus). He brings presents for Baby Jesus's birthday. I like presents, so Santa is okay by me.

Christmas is fun, but so busy! I had to take more naps than usual. Brady didn't--I don't know how he does it!

This is me at my school Christmas program. We sang a few songs and Santa came to bring us presents. I got a puzzle with letters on it (love those puzzles!). Brady got a train whistle.

Then we had a family Christmas party and I got a stocking full of goodies, a rubber crocodile, and this amazing quilt from Grandma and Grandpa! I love it and sleep with it on my bed every night.

After dinner and presents, Grandpa David read everyone a story. I didn't understand a lot of it, but the pictures were nice.

A few days later we drove ALL DAY to go to Pop and Yaya's house in Utah. It was a long drive, but very comfortable. I got to sit next to Brady. We played games, ate snacks (grapes, fishy crackers, and chips were my favorite part), and when it got dark we watched movies. Mama said we were very good on the big drive.

Pop and Yaya live in a place where there is a lot of snow. Good thing we brought our snow clothes! This is Pop and Daddy helping us make a snowman.

This is the finished snowman--Skater! He has olives for eyes and a licorice mouth. Cool, huh?

Then it was Christmas Eve. Uncle Matt and Aunt Buffy came to eat and play. The food was good and then we played with something called "crackers", but they weren't anything like normal crackers--you couldn't eat them! They made a lot of noise and there were prizes and paper crowns inside.

One of the prizes was a game called dominoes. Mama tried to explain it, but we didn't understand. It didn't matter--we had tons of fun trying to figure it out.

When Christmas was over, we stayed with Pop and Yaya a little longer. We went to more parties, ate delicious food, and (best of all, I thought), met Hopster. He's a tractor and I got to ride him with Pop!

Best and busiest Christmas yet!

2 comments:

  1. I loved having you come visit me. I will never forget how amazing you are at puzzles. You can put together ones with 35 pieces - that's incredible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy thanks for coming I really enjoyed the tractor and snowman photos. Love Pop

    ReplyDelete