Monday, June 14, 2010

Play Pretend


My favorite game right now is to be someone else--anyone else.

I like to be Mommy (doing anything I want to do), Daddy (going to work), Tommy (being a baby), Grandpa (making bread), Grandma (squeeze-hugs for everyone!), Yaya (flying on an airplane), Pop (playing in snow), and Gordon (going on the walk). And those are only the real people!

When I'm feeling a little different I like to be Tigger (with a slinky on my bum, singing the Tigger song), Thomas the Train (chugging around the house), Gumby (talking to an imaginary Pokey in a silly voice), Dash (running super fast), the Jack-a-lope (bounding and rebounding around the room), Handy Manny (chatting with my tools and fixing everything), Donald Duck (talking in a quacky voice), or Zooter the Pig (Singing 'Gotta Zip' from Jungle Junction).

I also like to make my toys have long, complicated conversations. Most of my toys are very good friends with each other.

Yes, my little world is full of funny things and people. (And some frightening ones too--like those blue Lye-ja-ways and the scary baby Jack-Jack--ooooo, he's freaky!) But the best thing of all is playing pretend with someone real, like Mommy, Daddy, Tommy, or pretty much anyone who comes my way.

"Okay, you are Gumby and I'm Pokey. Hi, Gumby! I'm Pokey! Watcha doin'?"

1 comment:

  1. Loved the Play with Daddy photos and the description of Play Pretend. Brady has a lot going, he's like the energizer bunny, going, going, going.
    Good luck with the house offer, call us when you haer something. Love Pop

    ReplyDelete