Thursday, November 19, 2009

"Fire Trucks Has Wheels...Has a Siren!"

That's right, everybody! Bet you didn't know Fire Trucks were so cool that they have BOTH wheels and a siren! Fire Trucks are one of my many obsessions just now. And for good reason.

Think about it--they're bright red, huge, loud, and have flashing lights. AND, according to this book Grandma got me, they stop fires from burning houses and trees. Um...WOW!
One absolutely amazing day Mommy took me to see a Fire Truck at its house. A lady in a blue uniform showed us her new Fire Truck. She said it was only two days old. Well, it was pretty big for such a young Truck!

The lady let me get up and pretend to drive it. No matter how hard I begged, she wouldn't let me drive it for real. And, believe me, I begged! "I Drive it!" I told her. "Need the keys!" But she wouldn't listen.

She DID let me explore the Fire Truck, though. I got to open every door and cupboard. I asked her what everything was--"Whah's this?"--and she answered every question. She would have let me try on the big fire hat, but it was too big for my head and I didn't want to wear it.

When I realized she wasn't going to let me drive the Fire Truck, I started begging to hear the siren--"Siren, hear it! I hear it!"--but she wouldn't do that either. She said it would scare people. But to make it up to me, she let me ring the silver bell. Not quite as good as a siren, but an excellent second best.

When I had crawled, climbed, and thoroughly examined every inch of that Fire Truck, the lady took me and Mommy inside and gave me a red Fire Hat just my size, a sticker badge, and a red "re-fle-tor" that glows then you push a button. I made Mommy snap it to my jeans and wore it the rest of the day.

Ahhhh, Fire Trucks! Now I know from my own experience--"Fire Trucks has wheels...has a siren!"

2 comments:

  1. I remember when your mother took you to the fire house and I stayed with Tommy at the picnic. These are great pictures and you were lucky to be there on the right day. Looking forward to seeing you soon, maybe you can sing for us again. Love Pop

    ReplyDelete