Thursday, October 8, 2009

Eating

My best friend Laney likes her food. She'll eat pretty much anything if her mom eats it first. She's a braver toddler than I am.
I am very picky about what I put in my mouth. I don't care if Mommy and Daddy like it--they like all kinds of weird things. They'll even eat rice and hamburgers. Seriously, they're as bad as Laney!

I have a very specific list of yummy foods: Rocks (tiny meatballs), spaghetti, mac'n cheese, melted cheese sandwich (no crust), applesauce, ravioli, pizza, rice crispies, and hotdogs (without the bun). I'll also eat most berries, anything with chocolate, and ice cream (but only in a bowl, not a cone).

Mommy says I'm too picky. Maybe I am, but I do TRY everything at least once. Mommy and Daddy told me that if I take "one big bite" of a food and I don't like it, I don't have to eat it. Sometimes I like it (that's how I discovered Rocks and hotdogs), but usually I don't.

Mommy and Daddy are very fair. If I don't like it, they let me off and I can have something else. As long as they keep up their end of the bargain, I'll keep trying things.

2 comments:

  1. This may be a case of chickens coming home to roost. I hear an extended trip to France can cure this malady. Love Pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA HA...so true. I think we're in for a lot of "food fights." Brady and I will read a French story tonight just in case...

    ReplyDelete